WELCOME

Welcome to MY mommy hood! This is a new experience for me, as is probably the case for many of you first time mothers out there, feel free to share with me and others your ups, downs, laughs, smiles, and everything in-between. 

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sleeping Through The Night

Night after night of waking  up at 2:30 or 4:30 and every time in between has brought me to trying out rice cereal in her bottle. Everyone always throws in their two cents when it comes to raising a child and I always hear contradicting advice, but what advice do I follow???? The doctors say don't give a baby rice cereal until about 4 months and not in a bottle. My parents, in-laws, and grandmothers say go ahead and do it now she can handle it, "we used to do it for you when you were a baby." It seems like every year they change what you should do and when you should do it. First it was put babies to sleep on their stomaches.... then, put babies to sleep on their backs, studies have shown this and that and the other now. I guess every baby is different and you and only you know when and what to do for them. So in taking the wisdom of elders whom have successfully raised healthy babies by putting them to sleep on their stomachs and giving them rice cereal in their bottles at 2 months, I decided to try it out. AND for some reason I guess my child is just difficult, it really didn't help, she still woke up in the middle of the night. lol..... So, I experimented in other ways and found that she will sleep all night if I only let her take short naps during the day and play with her enough to wear her out before putting her to bed. And adding in the rice cereal doesn't hurt either. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment